Thursday, November 21, 2013

Celebrate

Hello my friends, 
 today I am showcasing  a festive layout .
I love to use pink on my Christmas pages and this collection of papers blends beautifully with pale pink and deep pink ….. I began with a foundation of white cardstock .
I sprayed ink on my mat and laid the mask over the berry ink, lifted and laid it on my white card
to create random shapes.
wash and  Dry the mask .
Next I laid the same mask over my work and applied fibre paste on the top left and bottom right corner.


I mounted my photo on white card and then began layering with the beautiful rich and velvety Christmas papers .
“ Christmas Berries and Christmas greetings”



I used my leafy die cut to create a cluster with altered metal elements , flower, bling, heart and tag .
I like to build up my clusters to make a focal point on my page and create texture and interest .
 I JOURNALED ABOUT MY PHOTO
“My Famous Berry Icecream Pudding
Which we enjoy every Christmas
I love the rich colors and flavours.”

The recipe is at the bottom of this post .

 Another view of my cluster.
I balanced my design by adding muslin along the left side of my photo , and tied string to the photo with hanging elements .
A small element is placed on the top right hand corner , with a brad and tissue tape .
I cut a half inch from each side of the white card and stitched this to the Christmas Greetings paper, showing the gorgeous skeleton white leaves on the rich burgundy paper, peeping from each edge of  my layout.

Megs Garden Items used
Christmas Greetings
P6361
Christmas Cherries
P6363
Azaleas - paper
Azalea
Leafy Foliage
CC012
Thanks for popping by and I hope I have inspired you to create some Christmas pages .
Bye for now, see you next month .


Christmas Icecream pudding by Heather
2 tubs (2 litres) of Sara Lea icecream ( Vanilla ) 
2 almond Magnums
3tblsp rum
Strawberries ( sliced up into really small chunks)
Green glace cherries
Red glace cherries
1 pineapple ring (diced into small chunks)
Blanced almonds flakes
2 tbsp Golden syrup
Frozen berries and nuts for topping

Place chopped Cherries and pineapple in a screw top glass jar and cover with 3 tblsp of rum .
Leave for 2 days before making the pudding .
Process 
Spread an inch layer Sara Leah icecream into the base of a rectangle non stick baking tin
(line with greaseproof paper, leaving an overlap to enable yourself to pull 
the icecream pudding out , to cut it in slices )  
add a layer of 1 smashed almond magnum
drizzle golden syrup thinly 
add a layer of the cherry mixture
add a layer of the fresh strawberries
repeat these layers once more, finishing with an extra layer of icecream
top with frozen berries and flaked almonds ( or nuts )
place in feezer for at least 2 days before using.

Depending how large you want the pudding ( and how quickly your family eats it ) 
you can double the recipe or whatever you desire.
if you don’t want to do the layers, you can mix it all together in a bowl and then place in a lined baking tin. Top with a layer of frozen berries and blanced almond flakes . 
I have done it both ways , layers and mixed . both are yummo .

Really it is a flexible recipe which can be added to and changed to whatever you fancy at the time .
Enjoy and have fun xoox

see you soon 
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. It's such an amazing Christmas lay-out! A gorgoeus way to show off that Christmas delicacy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, wonderful LO! Like usual, I just love the way you create your backgrounds and then layer up the photo with all these wonderful elements!

    It made me realize though, just how different celebrating Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere is from celebrating it here in the North. Pink would probably be about the last colour I would choose for a Christmas project lol. As to your desert, - it sounds delicious and will really suite a blazing hot Christmas out on the deck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure which I like best - the LO or the recipe! Really LOOOOVE it when you sorta explain what you've done & why....I'm always interested in that sort of thing...inquisitive by nature! Might not have been a very talented hairdresser, but I ALWAYS enjoyed getting to know the clients, I must say!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Heather your page is absolutely gorgeous ! So many beautiful, beautiful individual elements. The pudding sounds delicious too, might have to give it a go. Thank you for your congrats too, I really appreciate it....thanks. Sorry I didn't get to Adelaide today to catch up with you & the girls....coming down tomorrow and couldn't really afford to take time off 2 days in a row. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI..This layout is divine, I love the leaves and embellies, and that recipe sounds amazing too!! Traditions are wonderful for special occasions!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, ....This is absolutely gorgeous!!
    Thanks for making it such an interesting post with receipe and all!
    It even makes me long for X-mas although I really think time is going much too fast!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the layers and loving those leaves!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is magnificent. The perfect mix of colour and embellishments. My daughter is the baker/desert maker in our home. I will pass this recipe on to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a triumph Heather...everything about this is superb....the background, the layering, the perfect placement of each element....the generous sharing of your famous ice cream pudding is the cherry on the top...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am not sure which i like the most the layout or the look of that ice cream pudding.. Looks and sounds deeelishuss. Fabulous layout as always

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous LO, I love gorgeous colour combo and all of details :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your project is stunning Heather. Love the colours. And your recipe..sound delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really am drooling now ... not just over the layout but for the delicious recipe as well. Glorious page Heather. Love the background and the beautiful papers you've used for the layers and different elements. Fabulous photo of your delicious pudding and the cluster at the side complements it so beautifully. The rich red cardstock is the perfect foil to offset the white flowers ... a really gorgeous combination. Heavenly!!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful and inspiring layout Heather !!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! And that's just the pudding ;). Gorgeous work as always Heather :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather, this layout is absolutely stunning. I just adore your style!! You put so much time and TLC into your pages. This recipe looks yummy, too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. simply breathtaking Heather....

    ReplyDelete
  18. woww...such a gorgeous layout...love the feel and delicacy of it...the cluster is amazing...love it all...xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Heather I adore this page! Its simply delicious! What stunning colours and layers xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh Heather it just gorgeous! The layout and pudding.........I was going to ask about the photo, thankyou so much for sharing the recipe. I have an early Christmas celebrations this weekend, can't wait to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous page & wow your famous berry ice-cream looks equally delicious!!

    ReplyDelete